- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Floyd Mayweather, Marcos Maidana, Timothy Bradley, and more!
- The Current 20 Most Exciting Boxers – A Statistical Analysis
- Arum wants Pacquiao vs. Mayweather in Macao, China
- Ashley Theophane talks Floyd Mayweather and Mayhem
- Atlas: Mayweather did just enough to win
- USA Boxing’s Experienced Women’s Squad Prepare to Travel South of the Border for the 2014 Elite Women’s Continental Championships
- Star Boxing’s “Rockin Fight 15″ to Rock The Paramount New York
- Team Andrade waiting for phone to ring
- Nick Asberry & Ricardo Chavez to test their perfect records on 9.19.14
- Frank Galarza back in action on Saturday
- New Heavyweight Boxing Tourney
Julian Ramirez , Dominic Breazeale & Gerald Washington To Round Out Undercard
INDIO, CALIF. (Jan. 13, 2014) – The full undercard lineup for the Jan. 24 installment of FOX Sports 1 and FOX Deportes’ Golden Boy Live! Series headlined by Antonio Orozco vs. Miguel Angel Huerta has been announced. The night of fights at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino in Indio, Calif. will feature featherweight phenomenon Julian “El Camaron” Ramirez in a co-main event matchup against the always tough Derrick Wilson in an 8 round fight, as well as undefeated heavyweight prospects Dominic “Trouble” Breazeale in the televised opener against Homer Fonseca and in non-televised action, the popular and exciting Gerald Washington will also be featured in undercard action.
Plus, fans in attendance at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino have the opportunity to meet and greet special guest Abner Mares, as the former Three-Division World Champion will be on site to take photos and sign autographs on fight night from 6:00 p.m-7:00 p.m. inside the Fantasy Springs Special Events Center.
In the main event, San Diego’s Antonio “Relentless” Orozco puts his undefeated record on the line against fellow power-puncher Miguel Angel “El Anestesista” Huerta of Mexico City, Mexico in a 10-round welterweight fight. Plus fans in attendance will also see a special featured bout with a 12-round IBF Super Welterweight Final Elimination bout between former World Champion Cornelius “K9″ Bundrage and Miami’s Joey Hernandez.
The co-main event on the Golden Boy Live! telecast features East Los Angeles’ Julian Ramirez (9-0, 6 KO’s), a 20-year-old sensation who has already drawn rave reviews for his talent in the ring and charisma outside of it. Fresh from a knockout over unbeaten Abraham Rubio, Ramirez will meet Florida veteran Derrick Wilson (10-5-2, 3 KO’s) in an eight-round featherweight bout. Owner of wins over hot prospects Braulio Santos and Charles Huerta, the 25-year-old Wilson has the talent and determination necessary to shock Ramirez on Jan. 24.
Also featured on the televised portion of the card will be Alhambra, Calif. prospect and 2012 U.S. Olympian Dominic “Trouble” Breazeale (8-0, 8 KO’s), a talented and powerful heavyweight who has knocked out all eight of his opponents since turning pro after representing the United States in the 2012 Olympic Games. The 28-year-old Breazeale faces Peirsaw, Texas’ Homer Fonseca (10-6-3, 3 KO’s) in an eight-round bout.
Hailing from Los Angeles, 31-year-old Gerald Washington (11-0, 8 KO’s) is a promising talent in the wide open heavyweight division and following five wins in 2013 that included a victory over veteran Sherman Williams in June, he’s ready for an even bigger year in 2014 beginning with his eight-round matchup against Jackson, Mississippi’s Arron Lyons (12-14-1, 9 KO’s).
In a six-round featherweight swing bout, Los Angeles’ Manny Robles Jr. (4-0, 2 KO’s) risks his unbeaten record against tough Oxnard competitor Ricky Lopez (10-2, 4 KO’s). Also in action in separate four-round bouts are Los Angeles junior lightweight Santiago Guevara (5-0, 3 KO’s), who meets an opponent to be named, Palmdale welterweight Kevin Watts (3-0, 2 KO’s), who faces Acapulco’s Julian Cruz (1-3), Watts’ twin brother , junior middleweight Tevin Watts (1-0) who takes on King City’s Gustavo Lopez (0-1) and debuting Las Vegas welterweight Kirk Bills who battles Orlando’s Jacinto Quintana (2-1, 2 KO’s)
Orozco vs. Huerta is a 10-round junior welterweight bout presented by Golden Boy Promotions and sponsored by Corona and O’Reilly Auto Parts. The Fantasy Springs Special Events Center doors open at 4:00 p.m. and the first fight begins at 4:30 p.m. The FOX Sports 1 and FOX Deportes broadcast airs live at 10:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. PT.
Tickets, priced at $25, $35 and $45, are on sale now at the Fantasy Springs Box Office, by calling (800) 827-2946 or online at www.fantasyspringsresort.com.
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Mickey Bey defeats Miguel Vazquez
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Return of the Saint: George Groves ready to make a statement on Saturday night
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things