- NEXT TUESDAY! Crawford vs Beltran World Title News Conf in Omaha – 12:30 PM
- MATHEWS AND DINGSDALE COLLIDE ON ECHO ARENA CARD
- Coyle: Katsidis is only in exciting fights
- Arthur Abraham, Paul Smith Officials Announced
- Charles Hatley vs. Richar Gutierrez New IMP Co-Main This Friday in Dallas
- Gavin v Skeete On Blockbuster Excel Show!
Vanes Martirosyan vs Mario Lozano, March 21st/New Main Event
Former world title challenger Vanes “The Nightmare” Martirosyan will have a new foe replacing Luciano Cuello in his bout titled “HOMEWARD BOUND” on Friday, MARCH 21 as hard-hitting Mexican Mario “Aguila” Lozano now enters the ring in the WBO Intercontinental 10-round Championship main event of an ESPN Friday Night Fights presented by Corona Extra at Morongo Casino Resort & Spa in Cabazon, California, and promoted by Goossen Tutor Promotions.
“Lozano brings the ability to end a fight with one punch,” said Dan Goossen, President and Founder of Goossen Tutor Promotions. “With 21 of his 27 victories by knockout, you know he will be trying to add Vanes to his KO victims list.”
Just 27-years-old the Armenian born Martirosyan, 32-1-1 (20 KO’s), a native of Glendale, California is returning to action following his WBO Junior Middleweight Title challenge against undefeated, top rated contender Demetrius Andrade on November 9, 2013 in San Antonio, Texas. Despite dropping Andrade for the first time in his career in the opening round, the hard-hitting 2004 U.S. Olympian lost a very competitive 12-round split decision in a bout telecast on HBO.
Winner of nine of his previous 10 bouts (6 by KO), the 26-year-old Lozano, 27-4-0 (21 KO’s), of Chihuahua, Mexico, clashed with hometown favorite Charles Hatley on November 7, 2013 in Dallas, Texas in his most recent start.
Also dropping his Texas based foe in the first stanza, Lozano appeared to win a clear 12-round decision, outworking Hatley throughout the battle. However, all three local judges awarded a highly unpopular decision and the WBC United States Junior Middleweight Title to the Dallas native.
The co-featured televised bout and full undercard will be announced shortly.
The March 21 event will be in held in the Morongo Ballroom, which is located at 49500 Seminole Dr. in Cabazon, California just off Interstate 10. Doors on the night of the event will open at 3:30 p.m. PT with the first bell at 4:30 p.m. PT. The show will air live at 9:00 p.m. ET on ESPN2, broadband Spanish-language ESPN Deportes’ Noche de Combates and also available via the WatchESPN app.
For more information, follow Dan Goossen/Goossen Tutor on Twitter @DanGoossen, @GoossenTutor and Vanes Martirosyan @VanesBoxing.
About Morongo Casino Resort & Spa:
Morongo (morongocasinoresort.com) is the premier gaming resort in California. Located in Cabazon, California, in the scenic Coachella Valley, Morongo is a prime getaway for residents of Orange County, Ontario, Palm Springs, Palm Desert and Los Angeles. Earning the prestigious AAA Four Diamond Award for nine consecutive years, Morongo offers 310 well-appointed rooms and suites, a 150,000 sq. ft. casino floor, ten restaurants and lounges and continuous world-class entertainment offerings. One of the largest tribal gaming facilities in the country Morongo Casino Resort & Spa is owned and operated by the Morongo Band of Mission Indians.
- Joey Dawejko scores 2nd consecutive 1st round knockout
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- Wizardry: Palacios overcomes layoff to dominate Mendoza!
- Chuy Gutierrez wins first title Saturday in Las Vegas
- Groves back with a unanimous decision verdict to claim European crown and WBC mandatory position
- Dargan & Mchunu Walk Away With NABF Titles
- Groves defeats Rebrasse, now WBC mandatory for Dirrell
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Mayweather Promotions, Alex Ariza, Manny Pacquiao & More!!!
- Rick Glaser talks Mayweather/Maidana
- Tyson Fury Restrained By Tape, Chisora Vows Ko Win
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- The Return of the Saint
- Khan could be next for Mayweather, says Floyd Sr
- Groves asks Froch for fight, and gets turned down