- Courtney Richards Ready To Rumble
- Khattab handed tough test for Copenhagen return
- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
WBF Champ Takam Draws With Perez On HBO
World Boxing Federation (WBF) World Heavyweight Champion Carlos Takam hit a speed bump on Saturday night at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada when he only managed to get a draw with undefeated Cuban Mike Perez in a ten round showcase fight televised live on HBO.
While many observers felt that Takam (29-1-1, 23 KOs) deserved to win the fight, in the end only judge Nicolas Esnault had the French-based Cameroonian ahead by 96-94, as Jean Gauthier and Sylvain Leblanc both scored the fight 95-95.
In front of close to 22.000 fans in the arena, Perez (20-0-1, 12 KOs) started the fight best, but as the rounds went by it was Takam who forced the action. The WBF world champion weighed in 14,5 Lbs. (6,6 Kgs.) heavier than when he won the title by stopping Michael Grant last May, but still managed to finish the fight outworking his opponent.
Although he came on strong in the end, it was not Takam’s best night in the ring and it could be categorized as one of those close calls where you are only inches away from disaster, and only barely gets away with it.
Even though his world title was not on the line, Takam would have lost the crown had two of the judges scored one more round to Perez, so at the end of the day he travels back to Noisy-le-Grand with only a small blemish on his record.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say