Google+ Button Facebook Button Twitter Button

Ads by Yahoo




Soto Karass plans on punishing Berto this Saturday

 Soto Karass plans on punishing Berto this SaturdayFormer IBF/WBC welterweight champion Andre Berto (28-2, 22 KO’s) has a real fight on his hands this Saturday night against the tough Mexican fighter Jesus Soto Karass (27-8-3, 17 KO’s) at the AT&T Center, in San Antonio, Texas. Berto, 29 is in a weakened position having lost two out of his last three fights.

Berto is coming off one of his poor performances of his 9 year pro career in losing by a fairly wide 12 round unanimous decision to Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero last November. Berto is now facing a carbon copy of Guerrero’s fighting style in 30-year-old Soto Karass and thing could go badly for Berto on Saturday unless he can find his way back to his prime years of his career back in 2010. Continue reading

“KNOCKOUT KINGS II: Andre Berto vs. Jesus Soto Karass” Final Press Conference Quotes

 KNOCKOUT KINGS II: Andre Berto vs. Jesus Soto Karass Final Press Conference QuotesOSCAR DE LA HOYA, President of Golden Boy Promotions

“I want to acknowledge a person that is doing a tremendous job in bringing boxing back to the masses, that is Stephen Espinoza, SHOWTIME is bringing you the best fights and the best fighters.

“San Antonio really knows how to stand behind the sport of boxing and support boxing and Saturday’s event is going to be no exception. This is going to be a tremendous lineup.

“These are the KNOCKOUT KINGS for a reason, you have explosive fighters from top to bottom, fighters who understand what hard work is all about, fighters who go out there and fight for the fans, for the public and for the recognition of being called a “KNOCKOUT KING”. Continue reading

Gennady Golovkin vs. Curtis Stevens possible for November 2nd

 Gennady Golovkin vs. Curtis Stevens possible for November 2nd#9 IBF, #10 WBC, Curtis Stevens (24-3, 17 KO’s) is a strong possible opponent for WBA middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin’s next fight on November 2nd in New York, according to Steve Kim. Golovkin’s promoters at K2 are interested in matching him against Britain’s Martin Murray, but that fight likely won’t happen.

If Murray can’t take the fight, then the 28-year-old Stevens could be the guy that faces Golovkin in a fight that will likely be televised by HBO unless they turn down the fight.

Kim said: Continue reading

Anthony Joshua makes his pro debut on October 5th in London

 Anthony Joshua makes his pro debut on October 5th in LondonBritish heavyweight Anthony Joshua, 23, will be making his pro debut on October 5th on the Lee Selby vs. Ryan Walsh and Kevin Mitchell vs. Gary Sykes card at the O2 Arena in London, UK. Joshua, the 2012 Olympic super heavyweight gold medalist from Britain, signed with Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom Sport promotional company.

It was a big decision for the 6’6” Joshua to turn pro, as he had previously set his sights on capturing a second Olympic gold medal in the 2016 Olympics. However, instead of taking that big risk and possibly ending up with nothing, Joshua decided to turn pro and take the sure thing money fighting in the UK in front of what will likely be huge audiences no matter who he faces. Continue reading

Matthysse predicting win for Diego Chaves over Keith Thurman

 Matthysse predicting win for Diego Chaves over Keith ThurmanKeith “One Time” Thurman (20-0, 18 KO’s) will be losing this Saturday night in his fight against #1 WBA Diego Chaves (22-0, 18 KO’s) in their battle for the interim WBA welterweight title, according to Lucas Matthysse.

Matthysse thinks Chaves has the skills to defeat the hard-hitting Thurman and bring the interim WBA 147 lb. title back to his home country of Argentina.

Chaves and Thurman will be fighting at the AT&T Center, in San Antonio, Texas, USA.

Matthysse said to RingTV “I know that Diego is an excellent boxer, and we’re hoping and expecting that he will come back to Argentina with the title. I have a lot of pride in him.” Continue reading

Roach says he has a great plan for Pacquiao to beat Rios

 Roach says he has a great plan for Pacquiao to beat RiosFreddie Roach thinks he’s got the perfect airtight strategy for his fighter Manny Pacquiao (54-5-2, 38 KO’s) to end his two-fight losing streak and beat former WBA lightweight champion Brandon Rios (31-1-1, 23 KO’s) on November 23rd at the Cotai Arena, Venetian Resort, Macao, Macao S.A.R., China.

Roach isn’t saying what this so-called perfect strategy is, but you can imagine it’ll be something similar to what Mike Alvarado used to defeat Rios by a 12 round unanimous decision last March in their rematch in Las Vegas, Nevada. Continue reading

Bellew poised to get title shot against Stevenson-Cloud winner

 Bellew poised to get title shot against Stevenson Cloud winnerTony Bellew (20-1, 12 Ko’s) failed the last time he got a title shot against WBO light heavyweight champion Nathan Cleverly in losing a 12 round majority decision to him two years ago in October 2011. Bellew, 30, is now on the cusp of getting another world title shot, this time against the winner of the Adonis Stevenson vs. Tavoris Cloud fight.

Bellew is tentatively scheduled to fight the winner of that bout on November 30th, which just happens to be Bellew’s birthday. I seriously doubt it being his birthday is going to help him beat either Stevenson or Cloud, because those guys are a step up from Bellew’s recent opponent Isaac Chilemba. We just saw Bellew struggle badly against Chilemba twice and look terrible both times. Continue reading

Cleverly vs Kovalev: “I’ll leave Kovalev Shaken and Stirred” – Nathan Cleverly

 Cleverly vs Kovalev: Ill leave Kovalev Shaken and Stirred   Nathan CleverlyWBO World Light-Heavyweight Champion Nathan Cleverly says he’ll leave KO machine Sergey Kovalev “shaken and stirred” when they clash on Saturday 17th August at Cardiff’s Motorpoint Arena.

The Welsh hero met with the media today at the Grosvenor Casino in Cardiff Bay looking debonaire in a tuxedo in the role of James Bond as he counts down to his own Russian roulette showdown with the unbeaten Kovalev.

Cleverly, 26, is relishing his East versus West super-fight against the iron-fisted “Krusher” who has anniahlated 19 of 21 victims with a staggering 18 coming inside three rounds and is confident he’ll finish off the seemingly invincible Kovalev.

“His record is scary reading, it’s just KO after KO, but the more I look at it the more I’m motivated to really take this guy out and prove that I’m not afraid to meet anybody, no matter what their reputation is because that is what a champion does, he faces his challenges,” Said Cleverly. Continue reading

Lucas Browne Prepared To Fly To UK After Beating Walker

 Lucas Browne Prepared To Fly To UK After Beating WalkerLUCAS “BIG DADDY” BROWNE has said his next fight could be in the UK, after he halted Travis Walker in Melbourne on Thursday (July 25).

The Perth puncher, 34, recovered from a flash knockdown in the first round before taking charge of the fight, dropping the tough American three times, and forcing him to quit on his stool after seven sessions.

The win takes his perfect ledger to 17 wins with 15 stoppages and moves him further up the heavyweight ladder.

Originally, Browne was scheduled to face Sheffield giant Richard Towers, but visa issues meant the fight was scrapped at the eleventh hour.

Now “Big Daddy” says he’s prepared to jet across the world and face the Englishman in his backyard. Continue reading

Chisora’s Nutritionist explains how his new lean physique was built

Following Dereck Chisora’s impressive stoppage victory last weekend over Malik Scott, the media and fans alike have been commenting in their droves about how the Finchley Heavyweight looked in the best shape of his career as he toppled the previously unbeaten American visitor.

To get some background on Dereck’s transformation, we spoke this week to Tom Whitehead of Soulmatefood, who were installed by Chisora ahead of his training camp for Malik Scott, to clean up the Finchley heavyweight’s diet that has caused him various problems in the preparations for previous fights. Speaking about the job they have done to transform the physique of newly installed WBO International Champion, Tom told us: Continue reading

Berto vs. Soto-Karass Media Workout Quotes

ANDRE BERTO, Former Two-Time Welterweight World Champion:

“Everything has been going well. I have a new team with Virgil Hunter and we’ve been putting in good work. San Antonio asked for me and we’re here. Saturday night is definitely going to be something to tune into.

“Soto Karass is a tough opponent, but I’m here to represent and give these people a real good show.

“Our styles match up well. It sets up for an exciting fight. He’s a tough veteran that keeps going and brings the action and I’m one of the top guys that like to dish out punishment. This fight sells itself. Continue reading

Quotes From Eddie Chambers Media Conference Call – NBCSN 8/3 Fight Night

Cruiserweight “Fast” Eddie Chambers, 36-3, 18 KOs, held a media conference call Wednesday to discuss his highly anticipated move from heavyweight down to the 200-pound division, as well as his upcoming fight against South African Thabiso Mchunu, 13-1, 10 KOs, on August 3rd. The 10-round bout will be nationally televised by NBC Sports Network on the popular Fight Night boxing series. Continue reading

Anthony Dirrell vs. Anthony Hanshaw this Saturday, July 27th on Showtime Extreme

SAN ANTONIO, TX (July 24, 2013) – A slate of action packed fights is expected this Saturday, July 27 when a roster of top talent steps into the ring at the AT&T Center in San Antonio, Texas, on the undercard of the highly anticipated “KNOCKOUT KINGS II” event. Heading up the preliminary bouts before SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® goes on the air, hard-hitting, undefeated rising star Anthony Dirrell and veteran Anthony “The Tyger” Hanshaw will face off in a 10-round clash for the vacant WBC Continental Americas Super Middleweight Championship which will be televised live on SHOWTIME EXTREME® at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the West Coast). Continue reading

Agbeko holds no grudge against Russel Mora

 Agbeko holds no grudge against Russel MoraFormer IBF Bantamweight titlist, Joseph King Kong Agbeko will be more than happy to shake hands and warmly embrace American referee, Russel Mora any day. Agbeko was at the suffering end of one of the most controversial boxing officiatings ever in his first fight against Mexican Abner Mares in August 2011 as referee Mora failed to punish Mares for several low blows much to the chagrin of Agbeko and the boxing world.

In the event, the Ghanaian lost the IBF belt which he then held and even though the IBF ordered an immediate rematch barely four months later, Agbeko was not in his groove and lost that one via a unanimous verdict. Continue reading

Past Boxing News