- Aug. 30 Mayweather Promotions ShoBox: The New Generation
- Devine ready for Connor in grudge match
- DIBELLA ENTERTAINMENT & NEW LEGEND BOXING ANNOUNCE OFFICIAL SIGNING OF UNDEFEATED PROSPECT ALANTEZ FOX TO EXCLUSIVE CO-PROMOTIONAL CONTRACT
- Shakur Stevenson, Jajaira Gonzalez and Darmani Rock to Kick Off 2014 Youth Olympic Games Competition for Team USA
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
- Joe Ward: “I’m thankful that AIBA gave me the opportunity to be involved in APB”
Most Read Articles
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Hopkins thinks some fans see Kovalev as their savior
- Will Kell Brook’s 15 minutes of fame be soon over?
Ads by Yahoo
LUCAS “BIG DADDY” BROWNE has said his next fight could be in the UK, after he halted Travis Walker in Melbourne on Thursday (July 25).
The Perth puncher, 34, recovered from a flash knockdown in the first round before taking charge of the fight, dropping the tough American three times, and forcing him to quit on his stool after seven sessions.
The win takes his perfect ledger to 17 wins with 15 stoppages and moves him further up the heavyweight ladder.
Originally, Browne was scheduled to face Sheffield giant Richard Towers, but visa issues meant the fight was scrapped at the eleventh hour.
Now “Big Daddy” says he’s prepared to jet across the world and face the Englishman in his backyard. Continue reading →
Following Dereck Chisora’s impressive stoppage victory last weekend over Malik Scott, the media and fans alike have been commenting in their droves about how the Finchley Heavyweight looked in the best shape of his career as he toppled the previously unbeaten American visitor.
To get some background on Dereck’s transformation, we spoke this week to Tom Whitehead of Soulmatefood, who were installed by Chisora ahead of his training camp for Malik Scott, to clean up the Finchley heavyweight’s diet that has caused him various problems in the preparations for previous fights. Speaking about the job they have done to transform the physique of newly installed WBO International Champion, Tom told us: Continue reading →
ANDRE BERTO, Former Two-Time Welterweight World Champion:
“Everything has been going well. I have a new team with Virgil Hunter and we’ve been putting in good work. San Antonio asked for me and we’re here. Saturday night is definitely going to be something to tune into.
“Soto Karass is a tough opponent, but I’m here to represent and give these people a real good show.
“Our styles match up well. It sets up for an exciting fight. He’s a tough veteran that keeps going and brings the action and I’m one of the top guys that like to dish out punishment. This fight sells itself. Continue reading →
New York, NY (7/24/13) – In the latest edition of the popular and longest running boxing series in New York – Broadway Boxing, DiBella Entertainment (DBE) and Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson’s SMS Promotions presented a thrilling eight-bout card before another packed house at NYC’s famed Roseland Ballroom. Continue reading →
Cruiserweight “Fast” Eddie Chambers, 36-3, 18 KOs, held a media conference call Wednesday to discuss his highly anticipated move from heavyweight down to the 200-pound division, as well as his upcoming fight against South African Thabiso Mchunu, 13-1, 10 KOs, on August 3rd. The 10-round bout will be nationally televised by NBC Sports Network on the popular Fight Night boxing series. Continue reading →
SAN ANTONIO, TX (July 24, 2013) – A slate of action packed fights is expected this Saturday, July 27 when a roster of top talent steps into the ring at the AT&T Center in San Antonio, Texas, on the undercard of the highly anticipated “KNOCKOUT KINGS II” event. Heading up the preliminary bouts before SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® goes on the air, hard-hitting, undefeated rising star Anthony Dirrell and veteran Anthony “The Tyger” Hanshaw will face off in a 10-round clash for the vacant WBC Continental Americas Super Middleweight Championship which will be televised live on SHOWTIME EXTREME® at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the West Coast). Continue reading →
Former IBF Bantamweight titlist, Joseph King Kong Agbeko will be more than happy to shake hands and warmly embrace American referee, Russel Mora any day. Agbeko was at the suffering end of one of the most controversial boxing officiatings ever in his first fight against Mexican Abner Mares in August 2011 as referee Mora failed to punish Mares for several low blows much to the chagrin of Agbeko and the boxing world.
In the event, the Ghanaian lost the IBF belt which he then held and even though the IBF ordered an immediate rematch barely four months later, Agbeko was not in his groove and lost that one via a unanimous verdict. Continue reading →
MACAU (July 24, 2013) – The exciting, multi-bout event at The Venetian® Macao’s CotaiArena™ features two-time Olympic gold medallist and three-time Amateur World Champion Zou Shiming returning to the ring in a flyweight matchup against Mexico’s Jesus Ortega this Saturday, July 27. The spectacular fight card also features two world championship title fights – WBO/WBA flyweight champion Juan Estrada vs. Milan Melindo and IBF featherweight champion Evgeny Gradovich vs. Mauricio Muñoz. Watching all the action from ringside will be Fighter of the Decade Manny Pacquiao, boxing’s only eight-division world champion, and former world lightweight champion Brandon Rios.
Fists of Gold II will once again reunite broadcasting icons Tim Ryan, Larry Merchant and former two-time heavyweight champion George Foreman. HBO2 will televise three fights on the Fists of Gold II card with same day coverage in the U.S. on Saturday, beginning at 5:30 p.m. ET/PT. Headlining the telecast will be Zou Shiming vs. Jesus Ortega plus two 12-round title fights: Juan Estrada vs. Milan Melindo and Evgeny Gradovich vs. Mauricio Munoz. Continue reading →
Pugilist KOrner listener line: 718-506-1506 Returning to “The Pugilist KOrner” will be Lightweight Contender John Molina Jr (26-3, 21 KOs). The hard punching fighter will discuss his tenth round TKO victory over former Olympian Mickey Bey Jr. this past Friday night in Las Vegas. The 30 year old puncher will also discuss a possible future match-up with Omar Figueroa in 2013. Continue reading →
Pugilist KOrner listener line: 718-506-1506
Returning to “The Pugilist KOrner” will be Lightweight Contender John Molina Jr (26-3, 21 KOs). The hard punching fighter will discuss his tenth round TKO victory over former Olympian Mickey Bey Jr. this past Friday night in Las Vegas. The 30 year old puncher will also discuss a possible future match-up with Omar Figueroa in 2013. Continue reading →
(SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS) – Welterweight Andre Berto (Winter Haven, Fla.) arrived in San Antonio this afternoon for his July 27th match-up with Jesus Soto Karass at the AT&T Center. Berto and his team broke training camp on Monday following seven weeks of preparation in the Bay Area. The former two-time World Champion is stepping into the ring for the first time with a new coach in his corner, 2011 Trainer of the Year Virgil Hunter, and he’s looking forward to his first fight of 2013. Andre Berto arrives at the host hotel in San Antonio
“We had a tremendous training camp for this fight, and I am ready to put on a great show for all the fans on July 27. My new team took me out of comfort zone, which is something that I needed. It was a very technical training camp and helped remind me who I am as a fighter and everyone will see those skills when I step into the ring on Saturday night,” Berto said. “Make sure to come out to the AT&T Center or tune in on SHOWTIME because it’s going to be a hell of a card.” Continue reading →
Orlando, FL, (July 23, 2013) Two-time world title challenger and top rated junior middleweight Delvin Rodriguez and Star Boxing’s Joe DeGuardia were in Orlando, Florida this afternoon for the Kick-Off Press Conference to announce Rodriguez’s fight with three-division world champion Miguel Cotto set for Saturday, October 5 at the Amway Center and broadcast LIVE on HBO.
“I want to thank God for giving me this opportunity” said Rodriguez. “I know it takes so much to make a fight like this happen, I’m also very thankful to my promoter Joe DeGuardia of Star Boxing, Top Rank, HBO and Miguel Cotto Promotions.” Continue reading →
by Lem Satterfield – Puerto Rican three-division title winner Miguel Cotto will face top rated contender and two-time world title challenger Delvin Rodriguez on Oct. 5, LIVE on HBO at the Amway Center in Orlando, Fla., site of today’s open-to-the-public press conference announcing the event.
“I’m feeling great,” said Rodriguez (28-6-3, 16 KOs), who is 33. “I’m excited. This is a great opportunity. This is an opportunity that I’m going to take full advantage of. I’m ready for the work. I’ve already started training, and I’m very, very motivated. I think that Cotto is a warrior, and he’s going to pretty much be coming forward”.
“I don’t think that I’m going to have to go looking for Cotto. It’s going to make it a great fight and a war, and that’s easier for me. People are probably going to expect me to be running around, concentrating on my defense, which is the opposite of what I’m going to do. I believe that Cotto is very effective when he takes an opponent to the ropes, but I’m going to keep him in the middle of the ring.” Continue reading →
The International Boxing Hall of Fame announced its flags will fly at half-staff in memory of welterweight and middleweight champion Emile Griffith. He passed away early this morning at the Nassau County Extended Care Facility in Hempstead, New York. He was 75.
“Emile Griffith was a gifted athlete and a truly great boxer,” said Hall of Fame Executive Director Edward Brophy. “Outside of the ring, he was as great a gentleman as he was a fighter. The Hall of Fame joins the boxing world in mourning his passing.”
A native of the Virgin Islands, Griffith moved to New York at nineteen and won the Golden Gloves title in 1957. He turned pro in 1958 at age 20. Under the tutelage of Hall of Famer Gil Clancy and Howard Albert, he captured the welterweight title three times (1961, 1962-63, 1963-66) and the middleweight title twice (1966-67, 1967-68). In 1963, he was named “Fighter of the Year.” In a 19-year career, he scored wins over Gaspar Ortega, Ralph Dupas, Florentino Fernandez, Denny Moyer, Holly Mims, Ernie Lopez, Joey Archer and Hall of Famers Luis Rodriguez, Nino Benvenuti and Dick Tiger. During his career he posted an 85-24-2, 1 NC (23 KOs) record. Continue reading →
Miguel Cotto never lacked the ability to bring entertaining to anyone watching his fights, and he did it all inside the ring. While he was a calm and professional gentleman outside of the ring, quiet and respectful during press conferences and weigh-ins, he was a relentless warrior once the ring bell rang.
What’s even more interesting is that every one of his opponents seemed to carry a tremendous amount of respect for him, praising and labeling him a true champion. I don’t remember the last time I have heard anything negative or aggressive being said about Cotto. He is a rare breed.
While there is a common belief that Cotto is no long the fighter he was, making that case is no walk in the park. Aside from losing to Austin Trout (which surprised me), his other three losses come by way of Antonio Margarito (I think that most would agree that this should not count), Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. Continue reading →
Carl Froch-George Groves WBA/IBF title fight confirmed for later this year; date and venue to be announced soon
It’s official: Carl Froch will defend his WBA and IBF super-middleweight titles against unbeaten countryman George Groves later this year at a venue in the UK to be determined soon. The exact date is also TBA but both men appeared live on Sky Sports News at 12 noon UK time today, to talk about the fight.
Froch, unable he said to get rematches with Mikkel Kessler and Andre Ward right now, is excited about giving the UK fans a domestic fight that will contest two major world titles.
“I think this fight is a real treat for the fans,” Froch said. “Some people have said George Groves is not in the same class as me, but there is no danger of me underestimating him. I will take this fight very, very seriously and will bring my A-game as I always do. Groves has done everything asked of him and Eddie Hearn has done a great job getting him the mandatory position. I will prepare like I’m fighting one of the best fighters in the world. Continue reading →
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Hopkins vs. Kovalev confirmed to take place at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, NJ on Nov. 8 live on HBO
- “Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2″ Showtime PPV undercard conference call transcript
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon