Google+ Button Facebook Button Twitter Button



Ads by Yahoo


Rios: Pacquiao made a mistake in picking me to fight

 Rios: Pacquiao made a mistake in picking me to fightBrandon Rios (31-1-1, 23 KO’s) expects to make former 8-division world champion Manny Pacquiao (54-5-2, 38 KO’s) sorry for picking him to fight in their upcoming November 24th in the tax friendly [at least for Pacquiao] Macau, China.

Rios thinks he was selected because Pacquiao and his team see him as an easy mark, a guy that Pacquiao can beat without too much trouble. Rios doesn’t like that and he wants to make them sorry for selecting him.

Rios said this as quoted by the Bostonherald.com “He picked me because I lost. They probably think ‘Brandon is easy to hit. Brandon gets hit all the time.’ It’s a very different story when you get in the ring with me. They made a mistake in picking me.” Continue reading

Malignaggi: Broner is easy work for me

 Malignaggi: Broner is easy work for meDespite being an underdog in his fight next month against unbeaten Adrien Broner (26-0, 23 KO’s), WBA welterweight champion Paulie Malignaggi (32-4, 7 KO’s) sees his fight with Broner as being one of his more easier ones he’d had in his 12-year-old career when the two meet up on June 22nd at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

Broner said on his social media site yesterday: “Can’t sleep a lot on my mind.” Continue reading

Burns complains he couldn’t get video of Gonzalez before fight

 Burns complains he couldn’t get video of Gonzalez before fightIn what appears to be WBO lightweight champion Ricky Burns (36-2, 11 KO’s) making a partial excuse for his poor performance last Saturday night in beating Jose Gonzalez (22-1, 17 KO’s) by a 9th round stoppage, Burns complained after the fight that he hadn’t been able to study Gonzalez going into the fight because of the lack of video out there on the 29-year-old fighter from Puerto Rico.

Gonzalez had been flying under the radar for so long in fighting less than world class opposition during his 5-year pro career that there just wasn’t much for Burns to see of him on video. Continue reading

Espinoza optimistic Mayweather vs. Canelo fight will happen in September

 Espinoza optimistic Mayweather vs. Canelo fight will happen in SeptemberShowtime Vice President of Sports Stephen Espinoza feels confident that the Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Saul “Canelo” Alvarez fight will take place on September 14th in Las Vegas, Nevada, as he says the negotiations between Mayweather and Canelo’s team are underway.

Espinoza said to AP “I think the biggest fight out there is Mayweather vs. Canelo. So far the negotiations are going well and I think everyone involved is working to make it happen.”

There’s no word about what weight the fight will take place at. Continue reading

Deontay Wilder apologizes to UK fans for travel problems for Chisora fight

 Deontay Wilder apologizes to UK fans for travel problems for Chisora fightUnbeaten heavyweight Deontay Wilder (28-0, 28 KO’s) showed his class in apologizing to his UK boxing fans for his possible problems with traveling to the UK right now to face Dereck Chisora (16-4, 10 KO’s) next month on June 15th.

The Chisora-Deontay fight was announced last week, but it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen next month unless Deontay can take care of his legal problems from his arrest on May 4th for domestic battery.

Deontay said on his twitter: “To my UK fans I am super sorry guys may have some travel issues I didn’t know about. I may not be able to go to England right now.” Continue reading

Darchinyan defeats Gallo in 4th round stoppage

  Darchinyan defeats Gallo in 4th round stoppageVic Darchinyan (39-5-1, 28 KO’s) smashed his over-matched opponent Javier Gallow (18-7-1, 10 KO’s) in a 4th round TKO on Saturday night at the Uni-Trade Stadium, in Laredo, Texas, USA.

Darchinyan finished Gallow off with a left to the head that sent Gallo hitting the deck and sliding on his backside. Gallo, who had already been knocked down three other times in the fight, didn’t even try to get up after the fourth knockdown.

Gallo hurt Darchinyan twice in the fight with big right hands. The first time occurred late in the 1st round when he timed Darchinyan as he was coming in and nailed him with a right hand. Darchinyan was staggered by the shot but he wasn’t hurt enough to go down from it. Continue reading

McDonnell defeats Ceja

Using movement, a nice jab and some skillful roughhouse tactics, bantamweight contender Jaime McDonnell (21-2-1, 9 KO’s) defeated Julio Ceja (24-1, 22 KO) tonight by a 12 round unanimous decision to win the vacant International Boxing Federation (IBF) bantamweight ttile at the Keepmoat Stadium, in Doncaster, United Kingdom. Continue reading

Mayweather has little time to select his next opponent for September

 Mayweather has little time to select his next opponent for SeptemberFloyd Mayweather Jr. has little more than weeks to select his next opponent for his pay per view bout on September 14th if he wants Golden Boy Promotions and Showtime/CBS to be able to market the fight for it to be successful. Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer says he’s in talks with WBA/WBC junior middleweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez.

Showtime boss Stephen Espinosa told ESPN “I’m cautiously optimistic. There’s a lot of negotiating left to do, but often the biggest hurdle is convincing one fighter or the other to take the fight. That hurdle has been cleared. I truly believe Mayweather wants Caneo and that Canelo wants Mayweather, and that’s half the battle.” Continue reading

Haye: I’m going to put Charr flat on his back

 Haye: I’m going to put Charr flat on his backFormer WBA heavyweight champion David Haye (26-2, 24 KO’s) has set a goal for himself in his fight against #8 WBC Manuel Charr (23-1, 13 KO’s) next month on June 29th at the Manchester Arena (formerly M.E.N Arena), Manchester, Lancashire, United Kingdom.

Haye, 32, wants to improve upon the job WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko did last September when he tore Charr’s face to ribbons in stopping him in the 4th round. Continue reading

Why doesn’t Canelo fight Mayweather at 147?

 Why doesn’t Canelo fight Mayweather at 147?WBA/WBC junior middleweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez wants and needs a fight against Floyd Mayweather Jr. (44-0, 26 KO’s) in order for Canelo to transition from being just a regular Showtime fighter to a pay per view fighter. However, Canelo expects Mayweather to go back up to 154 to fight him if he says yes to a fight in September instead of Canelo dropping a little weight and fighting Mayweather at 147.

Robert Garcia, the well-known trainer of Brandon Rios and many other fighters, doesn’t think Mayweather should up in weight to fight Canelo because he sees the 22-year-old Mexican as being too heavy for Mayweather. Continue reading

Burns’ trainer: Jose Gonzalez doesn’t hit as hard as Roman Martinez

 Burns’ trainer: Jose Gonzalez doesn’t hit as hard as Roman Martinez(Photos courtesy PR Best Boxing Promotions/Joel Colon) Billy Nelson, the trainer of WBO lightweight champion Ricky Burns (35-2, 10 KO’s) feels that his opponent for Saturday night Jose Gonzalez (22-0, 17 KO’s) isn’t the puncher that many people think is. In fact, Nelson thinks Gonzalez isn’t even as big a puncher as former WBO super featherweight champion Roman Martinez, who Burns defeated by a close 12 round unanimous decision in 2010 to take his title.

Nelson said to RingTV “Ricky has a superb chin and in my opinion Gonzalez doesn’t hit as hard as Martinez. To this day, Roman is the hardest puncher Ricky has faced by a long way, but he still couldn’t get the job done.” Continue reading

Mayweather-Guerrero to hit 1 million PPV buys, says Showtime boss

Showtime Sports big time boss vice president Stephen Espinosa came out of the woodwork on Friday quash the rumors about the Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Robert Guerrero fight resulting in less than 1 million pay per view buys on Showtime from last Saturday night. Espinosa says the fight did no less than 1 million PPV buys, although he’s still not sure what the full tally is as of now, but it is more than 1 million. Continue reading

Mayweather: 44 have tried and 44 have failed

 Mayweather: 44 have tried and 44 have failedThe MGM Grand boasts in excess of 6500 guestrooms. Its sprawling casino is an endless maze of over 2500 illuminated gaming machines. No less than 19 restaurants cater for the discerning appetites of its multi-national clientele. Considering such extravagant interiors it is by no coincidence that this past week the largest advertisement conceivable was draped over its glazed exterior bearing the proud caption: The Home of the Champion.

The pound for pound king put his own spin on the famous acronym when he coined the phrase ‘Mayweather Gets Money’, referring to his guaranteed 32 million dollar jackpot. The Grand Garden Arena has become the workplace of choice for the unbeaten champion with his last 7 contests all selling out the 16,800 capacity venue. Continue reading