Boxing


Ricardo Torres will defend his title in Barranquilla

ricardo torres01.07.07 - By Jaime Castro-Núñez: If mandatory challenger Kendall Holt (22-1-0, 12 KOs) wants to take home the World Boxing Organization Junior Welterweight belt, he will need to keep training hard and get ready to travel to Barranquilla, the most beautiful and exciting city in Northern Colombia. The Torres-Holt bout, initially scheduled for Saturday, August 4 at All State Arena in Chicago, IL, has been taken off of the Morales-Díaz card.

In fact, last week Colombian promoter Billy Chams, 57, surprisingly won a purse bid for the Junior Welterweight fight between his protégée Ricardo “Mochuelo” Torres of Magangué and Kendall Holt of Paterson, NJ. Cham’s bid of $181,000 edged out Top Rank’s of $168,000.

“We knew this wasn’t going to be easy, but we did a lot of effort to win the purse bid. This is really important to Cuadrilátero [Chams’ firm],” said Mr. Billy Chams.

The bout would take place on September 1 in Barranquilla at either Coliseo de la Universidad del Norte or at Country Club’s Salón Jumbo. “My manager has done a big effort and I won’t defraud him. With my boxing skills and with my people’s support I’ll beat Kendall Holt in Barranquilla. He better be well prepared because I’m waiting here to defeat him,” said champion Ricardo Torres.

Article posted on 01.07.2007



Bookmark and Share


previous article: Roy Jones: "I'll take care of Hanshaw-then its Tito!" July 14th PPV a prelude to Jones-Trinidad Mega fight

next article: Hopkins and Wright: two wrongs can make a Wright




Boxing Forum













If you detect any issues with the legality of this site, problems are always unintentional and will be corrected with notification.
The views and opinions of all writers expressed on eastsideboxing.com do not necessarily state or reflect those of the Management.
Copyright © 2001- 2012 East Side Boxing.com - Privacy Policy l Contact