06.07.07 - Friday, the sixth of July. The hall inside an advertisement company Ströer Sales & Services GmbH was filling up just before two o’clock. The weight-in was about to start. Before we go into details about what took place today at the weight-in, we would like to review stats of Wladimir Klitschko and Lamon Brewster’ weights in their prior fights..
Article posted on 07.07.2007
In their first fight, which took place in Las Vegas, Nevada, on April 10th, 2004, Wladimir weighed in at 242.5 lbs (110.5 kg) and Lamon Brewster – 226 lbs (102.5 kg).
Lamon’s weight in his next fights moved up and down by a few pounds:
- On September 4th, 2004, in a fight against Kali Meehan – 227 lbs (102.97 kg);
- On May 21st, 2005, in a fight against Andrew Golota – 224 lbs (101.6kg);
- On September 28th, 2005, in a fight against Luan Krasniqi – 228 lbs (103.65 kg);
- And on April 1st, 2006, in his last fight against Sergey Lyakhovich – 232 lbs (105.23 kg); Brewster’s average weight in his last four fights was 227.5 lbs (103.3 kg).
Wladimir’s weight in his last fight actually remained largely unchanged:
- On October 2nd, 2004, in a fight against DaVarryl Williamson – 244 lbs (110.68 kg);
- On April 23rd, 2005, in a fight against Eliseo Castillo – 241 lbs (109.32 kg);
- On September 24th, 2005, in a fight against Samuel Peter – 244 lbs (110.68 kg);
- On April 22nd, 2006, in a fight against Chris Byrd – 241 lbs (109.32 kg);
- On November 11th, 2006, in a fight against Calvin Brock – 241 lbs (109.32 kg);
And on March 10th, 2007, in his last fight against Ray Austin – 246.5 lbs (111.8 kg);
Wladimir’s average weight in his last six fights was – 242.73 lbs (110.1 kg).
Wladimir and Lamon arrived for the weight-in around one o’clock. First, they presented documentations of over twenty-five tests to a medical board, to prove that they are healthy and able to fight. Then, both fighters were examined by the official doctor of the GBO (German Boxing Organization, which has licensed Wladimir Klitschko’s fight against Lamon Brewster II).
During medical examination, Wladimir and Lamon had their temperature and blood pressure checked, while the doctor checked for any visual symptoms. Both Wladimir and Lamon were cleared to fight.
As Wladimir and Lamon were undergoing medical examination, all of the undercard fighters were weighted. Also, Vitali approached the podium and welcomed everyone.
By two o’clock the hall was full of people, as everyone waited for the main participants of The Rematch: Klitschko vs Brewster II – Heavyweight Championship Of The World. Lamon Brewster was the first to be weighted. His weight – 227 lbs (102.97 kg). When Wladimir weigh-in at 243 lbs (110.2 kg). Neither Wladimir, nor Brewster made any statements. They silently stared at each other’s eyes. In less than a day they will be facing each other, only this time inside the ring.
Yesterday, both fighters picked their boxing gloves. They will wear identical red Grand gloves.
As you already know, veteran referee Sam Williams will be the third man in the ring. Judges will be Alfred Buqwana (South Africa), Denny Nelson (USA) and Michael Fisher (Germany).
Undercard fights will start at 19:30 and will include:
4 rounds in Lightweight
Bihes Barakat (4-1-1, 3 KO’s) vs. Stefano D’Alessandro (4-0, 3 KO’s)
6 rounds in Cruiserweight
Rudiger May (41-5-3, 10 KO’s) vs. Dzemail Skrijeli (4-4-1-1, 2 KO’s)
6 rounds in Middleweight
Vilmos Balog (15-0, 9 KO’s) vs. Pietro D’Alessio (5-4-1, 4 KO’s)
8 rounds in Middleweight
Andy Lee (9-0, 6 KO’s) vs. Thomas Hengstberger (12-4-2, 3 KO’s)
6 rounds in Cruiserweight
Haxhi Krasniqi (13-2, 3 KO’s) vs. Berry Butler (23-12, 18 KO’s)
NABO Cruiserweight Title
Johnathon Banks (16-0, 12 KO’s) – vs. Gustavo Enriquez (15-7-1, 12 KO’s)
Vacant EBU Super Welterweight Title
Zaurbek Baysangurov (15-0, 12 KO’s) vs. Hussein Bayram (24-2, 13 KO’s)