Kicking 'old man times' a**, top 12 reasons why Hopkins won!
20.10.08 - By Robert Jackson - Youth is indeed wasted on the young, a 'luke warm' fight the day before turned into a red hot chill pepper on fight night! A bet for Bernard Hopkins yielded a handsome 300% profit, now that's a financial bailout!
Article posted on 19.10.2008
Top 12 reason's that Hopkins won:
12) Old Man Time and the Grim Reaper decided to prematurely celebrate together Hopkins KO loss to Kelly Pavlik on Friday night, both got drunk and didn't wake up until Sunday morning.
11) Golden Boy Promotions CEO, Oscar De La Hoya promised to upgrade B-Hops office computer and add internet access if Hopkins won.
10) Roy Jones Jr called into the Hopkins' dressing room before the fight and told B-Hop that he was the best P4P fighter EVER.
9) With Mayweather retired, Hopkins decided to fill his shoes.
8) Kelly Pavlik thought he was fighting Jermaine Taylor a third time.
7) Freddie Roach was off training some Filipino guy, to fight one of B-Hops friends.
6) 4.5 years in the penitentiary prepared Hopkins for hardship; psyche!
5) Nazim Richardson and John David Jackson debated each other in B-Hops corner giving their fighter vital strategic information.
4) Unlike the NFL or NBA players, fighters CAN bet on their fights and Hopkins betting on himself as a 4:1 underdog collected an additional paycheck.
3) Shutting up Larry Merchant.....priceless!.
2) His mother in heaven has forgiven him for not making good on his word.
1) Hopkins believed in himself when MOST others didn't.
With Hopkins defeating The Ghost and Roy Jones Jr facing Hopkins conqueror Joe Calzaghe in November 2008, we can only hope that Roy is as successful as The Executioner was on Saturday night, if so by next year we may see these two great warriors off into retirement with a rematch between the two that's been 10 years in the making!
previous article: Sharkie’s Machine: Bernard Hopkins Shocks World in Lopsided Win over Kelly Pavlik
next article: Hopkins/Pavlik: Hypnotized
Boxing Forum | Boxing | Bet On This Fight | Back To Top