“They Lied to me 99.9% of the Times,” Says Chris Namús as she Cancels Fight Against Liliana Palmera
By Jaime Castro-Núñez - WIBA´s Light Welterweight Youth titlelist Chris Namús of Uruguay disappointed her fans last week when she decided not to fight Liliana Palmera (17-6-2) for the world championship this coming May 16 at Palacio Peñarol. Namús, better known as “The Killing Bombshell,” expressed in a press conference held in Montevideo absolute dissatisfaction with her promoters Sebastián Amaya and José María Vanrell. “They lied to me 99.9% of the times,” said the 21-year-old pugilist, who also took the opportunity to break the contract she had with Amaya & Vanrell Promotions..
Article posted on 19.04.2009
“I do not have a specific date to fight Liliana Palmera, but I want to make it possible this year (…) I want to fight for the championship, but not in this condition because I am risking it. I do not have all the things an athlete must have to fight for the championship,” she said. Regarding the unfortunate situation with her managers, she explained the reasons she had in order not to renew the contract: “My contract with them expires on May 9 and I am not going to renew it. I turned pro with them, but they never paid me the way I wanted and they never treated me the way I wanted.”
The “Killing Bombshell” also recalled the fight against Nicole Woods, last February 12. “I did not have either water or medical attention in the dressing room (…) I was paid only U$4,000 and I had to pay 25% to my trainer out of pocket”. Visibly saddened, Chris revealed that for fighting dangerous Liliana Palmera she would get 15% of the tickets sold, an estimate of U$12,000, “but they never talked about my actual payment (…) They publicly threatened me saying I would not fight again if I cancel the fight against Palmera and I think that is corruption.”
previous article: Carl Froch Says He May "See Out His Career" In America and Canada
next article: Felix Sturm vs Koji Sato this Saturday