Pacquiao to Perform Post-Fight Concert at Mandalay Bay! - Boxing News
LAS VEGAS, NEV. (November 12, 2009), -- After boxing’s No. 1 pound for pound fighter and box office attraction MANNY “PacMan” PACQUIAO plays a little chin music on WBO welterweight champion Miguel Cotto, Saturday night at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, he will head over to the Mandalay Bay Events Center to perform a live post-fight concert with his MP Band.
Article posted on 12.11.2009
Hello Mr. and Mrs. Boxing Fan and all the ships at sea. Let’s go to press…..
· Tomorrow’s Official Weigh-in will be hosted by Emmy Award winning actor Jeremy Piven, star of HBO’s hit series “Entourage.” Open to the public, doors open at 1:00 p.m. with the weigh-in beginning at 2:30 p.m. Mainstream websites will be streaming it live for 30 minutes, beginning at 6:00 p.m. ET / 3:00 p.m. PT…
· The Asian edition of TIME magazine, featuring Manny Pacquiao on the cover, has been such a big seller that an extra 50,000 issues had to be printed to meet the demand http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1935091,00.html
· PacMan’s U.S. Network TV debut on Jimmy Kimmel Live has generated over 424,000 hits on youtube.com already! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk6fZiXpYoQ&NR=1)
· Firepower has unleashed an incredible website featuring exclusive videos and information on the upcoming Pacquiao vs. Cotto welterweight championship fight. www.pacmancotto.com
· Among the many commemorative souvenirs being offered at FIREPOWER, the most novel may be the limited edition bobble head set. The set, which sells for $45, includes a bobblehead of Pacquiao and Cotto standing in separate rings. Only 2000 were made and they are available at the MGM Grand or at www.fightnightstuff.com ...
Pacquiao (49-3-2, 37 KOs), of General Santos City, Philippines, the winner of six world titles in as many different weight divisions ranging from 112 to140 pounds, and star of the upcoming superhero action motion picture” WAPAKMAN,” scheduled for release in January 2010, has already had two albums go Platinum in the Philippines. PacMan and the MP Band played a similar gig at the Beach at Mandalay Bay following his two-round knockout victory of defending junior welterweight champion Ricky Hatton last May.
Remaining tickets, priced at $40, to Manny Pacquiao and the MP Band Concert, can be purchased at any Mandalay Bay box office outlet. Doors open at 10 p.m. PT with the concert ending at 1:00 a.m.
# # #
Promoted by Top Rank, in association MP Promotions, Miguel Cotto Promotions, MGM Grand and Tecate, FIRE POWER: COTTO vs. PACQUIAO, will take place, Saturday, November 14, at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, and will be produced and distributed live on HBO Pay-Per-View, beginning at 9 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. PT. For Pacquiao vs. Cotto fight week updates, log on to www.pacmancotto.com, www.hbo.com or www.toprank.com.
HBO's® fast-moving reality series "24/7 Pacquiao/Cotto" returns with the premiere of the finale Tomorrow! Friday, November 13 at 9:30 p.m. ET/PT. HBO will replay episodes No. 1, No. 2 and No. 3 consecutively prior to the premiere of episode No. 4. The replays begin at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT on Nov. 13. Episodes Nos. 1-3 are also available on HBO ON DEMAND.
Seven of the MGM MIRAGE properties along The Strip will host closed circuit viewing in conjunction with Pacquiao vs. Cotto. The resorts include MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, The Mirage, Monte Carlo, Luxor, Circus Circus and Excalibur. Remaining tickets for the closed circuit telecast at all venues are priced at $50, not including applicable service charges and handling fees. All seats will be general admission and will be available at each individual property’s box office outlets and at all Las Vegas Ticketmaster locations (select Smith’s Food and Drug Centers and Ritmo Latino). To charge by phone with a major credit card, call Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000, or visit www.mgmgrand.com or www.ticketmaster.com. Ticket sales are limited to 20 per person.
previous article: Randall Bailey To Return At 147 On Diaz-Malignaggi II Card?
next article: Manny Pacquiao vs Miguel Cotto: Tactical Warfare!