Tickets On Sale For The Magnificent Seven!
Tickets for the huge Magnificent Seven show promoted by Frank Warren will go on sale tomorrow (Saturday 3rd July). It's one of the most ambitious fight cards ever seen in Britain and takes place on September 18 at the LG Arena in Birmingham. The title fights in full are:
Article posted on 03.07.2010
* European light-heavyweight champion NATHAN CLEVERLY steps up to to challenge for the Interim WBO World Light-Heavyweight championship against KARO MURAT..
* The long-awaited welterweight showdown between KELL BROOK and MICHAEL JENNINGS, which will double as a WBO world title eliminator
* Dynamite-fisted Welshman Enzo Maccarinelli defends his European Cruiserweight championship against ALEXANDER FRENKEL
* RYAN RHODES in a defence of his European light-middleweight title against LUKAS KONECNY
* MATTHEW MACKLIN in a massive domestic showdown against bitter rival DARREN BARKER for the European, Commonwealth and British Middleweight championships
* A major heavyweight shoot-out between British Champion Derek Chisora and Commonwealth Champion SAM SEXTON
* A first defence for WBA International super-middleweight champion JAMES DeGALE
* A debut championship fight for 2007 Amateur World Champion FRANKIE GAVIN against CURTIS WOODHOUSE
* A return for former Commonwealth super-flyweight champion DON BROADHURST in an English title fight
Tickets are priced at £40, £50, £80, £150 and £200 and are available from:
0844 338 8000
0844 844 0444
0871 220 0260
The Magnificent Seven!
Frank Warren has announced one of the most ambitious fight cards ever seen in Britain. The recession-busting, title-fight extravaganza - dubbed The Magnificent Seven - takes place on September 18 at the LG Arena in Birmingham and will be a PPV event on Sky. It features a world title eliminator, three European title fights, two British title fights plus two championship showdowns for two 2008 Olympians.
Warren formally announced the card - which is a throw-back to the mega Full Monty and Full Monty II shows in Sheffield a decade ago - at a press conference in London today.
The title fights in full are:
* Matt Macklin in a challenge against Darren Barker for the European, Commonwealth and British middleweight titles
* European light-heavyweight champion Nathan Cleverly in an Interim WBO World Light-Heavyweight Challenge against Karo Murat
* Enzo Maccarinelli in a defence of his European cruiserweight title
* Ryan Rhodes in a defence of his European light-middleweight title against Lukas Konecny
* A British and Commonwealth heavyweight title showdown between Derek Chisora and Sam Sexton
* The long-awaited welterweight showdown between Kell Brook and Michael Jennings, which will double as a WBO world title eliminator
* A first defence for WBA International super-middleweight champion James DeGale
* A debut championship fight for 2007 Amateur World Champion Frankie Gavin against Curtis Woodhouse
* A return for former Commonwealth super-flyweight champion Don Broadhurst in an English title fight
"I'm delighted to putting on a card like this," said Warren. "I always try and please the fans, and I think they will like this one.
"It is fantastic to be back promoting huge shows on a Saturday night, and there is no way better way to start than by putting on something like this.
"It will showcase some of the best talent around at the moment in British boxing, and I think everyone featured on the card has the potential to kick on and fight for a world title.
"Some of the boxers like Enzo Maccarinelli, Michael Jennings Ryan Rhodes have already done that and are aiming to get back to the top, while the likes of James DeGale, Nathan Cleverly and Kell Brook could be the future of the sport in this country."
previous article: Exclusive Interview With Vinny Maddalone - "I'd Love To Fight Tyson Fury In England"
next article: Mike Mollo Headlines Windy City Fight Night 11, August 6th At Chicago’s UIC Pavilion
Boxing Forum | Boxing | Bet On This Fight | Back To Top