Kell Brook: Expect Something Special!
Kell Brook says fight fans will see a special performance when he takes on Michael Jennings - inspired by a fellow Sheffield fighter. Brook has fought just once this year because of injury, and has seen his clash with Jennings postponed three times. But now the former British champion finally gets his man on September 18 at the LG Arena, Birmingham on Frank Warren's huge 'Magnificent Seven' event, live on Sky Box Office. And Brook says he will halt former world title challenger Jennings in a manner which will bring back memories of close friend and British great Naseem Hamed.
Article posted on 06.07.2010
"I see Naseem a lot, and he'll be dead proud of the way in which I get rid of Jennings," said Brook, who like Hamed is a product of Brendan Ingle's gym in Sheffield..
"He has taught me a few of his punches, and I've definitely got some of his power.
"You are going to see an explosive knockout on September 18.
"I'm ready for this fight and there is no way that it is going the distance.
"Michael Jennings is a good guy and I have a lot of respect for him, but once I land on his chin, it will be all over.
"It's been hard sat on the sidelines for the last few months. I really wanted this fight to happen back in the autumn, so I was so happy when Frank phoned me and told me it was finally on."
Brook is now unbeaten in 21 fights, and at 24 is coming into his prime.
His clash with Jennings is a final eliminator for the WBO World Welterweight title currently held by pound-for-pound best Manny Pacquiao.
Brook v Jennings will features alongside a terrific line up, including:
* European light-heavyweight champion NATHAN CLEVERLY steps up to to challenge for the Interim WBO World Light-Heavyweight championship against KARO MURAT
* Dynamite-fisted Welshman Enzo Maccarinelli defends his European Cruiserweight championship against ALEXANDER FRENKEL
* RYAN RHODES in a defence of his European light-middleweight title against LUKAS KONECNY
* MATTHEW MACKLIN in a massive domestic showdown against bitter rival DARREN BARKER for the European, Commonwealth and British Middleweight championships
* A major heavyweight shoot-out between British Champion Derek Chisora and Commonwealth Champion SAM SEXTON
* A first defence for WBA International super-middleweight champion JAMES DeGALE
* A debut championship fight for 2007 Amateur World Champion FRANKIE GAVIN against CURTIS WOODHOUSE
* A return for former Commonwealth super-flyweight champion DON BROADHURST in an English title fight
Tickets for the Magnificent Seven are priced at £40, £50, £80, £150 and £200 and are available from:
0844 338 8000
0844 844 0444
0871 220 0260
previous article: Roger Mayweather: “If Pacquiao don’t got sh*t in his system, then why do you worry about being tested anyway?”
next article: Matt Skelton To Return Against Lee Swaby This Friday?
Boxing Forum | Boxing | Bet On This Fight | Back To Top