Boxing


Adamek: "Mormeck didn't take a chance"

by Sylwester Jankowski (BoxingNews.pl): Former two division champion and current heavyweight contender Tomasz Adamek (44-2, 40 KO) trains hard for the upcoming fight with Dominican Nagy Aguilera which is scheduled on March 24th in Brooklyn, New York. The Pole nicknamed “Goral” (eng. “The Highlander”) is out of boxing since being stopped by World Boxing Council (WBC) world champion Vitali Klitschko (43-2, 40 KO) in September last year.

- I’m in great shape. I want to prove that my last fight was just a mischance. I’m going to win in a good fashion – Adamek told TVP Sport.

The 35-years old Pole believes that he will get one more chance to face one of the Klitschko brothers.

- I hope that such fight will take place in 2013, but first I have to put one’s best foot forward in other fights and deserve the title shot – he added.

Adamek also expressed an opinion about the fight between Wladimir Klitschko (57-3, 50 KO) and Jean Marck Mormeck (36-5, 22 KO) which took place in Germany last Saturday.

- Mormeck didn’t take a chance. Only one fighter fought in the ring. Klitschko threw a few strong punches and the fight was done. The favourite won fair and square – Adamek said.

Article posted on 05.03.2012



Bookmark and Share


previous article: Ricky Burns vs. Paulus Moses on Saturday on BoxNation

next article: Billy Joe Saunders to fight on March 16th




Boxing Forum













If you detect any issues with the legality of this site, problems are always unintentional and will be corrected with notification.
The views and opinions of all writers expressed on eastsideboxing.com do not necessarily state or reflect those of the Management.
Copyright © 2001- 2012 East Side Boxing.com - Privacy Policy l Contact