Boxing


Keith Kizer Says No Plans To Review Bradley WS12 Pacquiao, Discipline Judges

boxingBy James Slater - Fans are still up in arms over the shocking split decision win Tim Bradley was awarded over superstar Manny Pacquiao on Saturday. The overwhelming majority of fans, and experts, feel Pac-Man did way more than enough to have won (for what it’s worth, I had Pacquiao winning 7 rounds to four with one even) and some are suggesting an official inquiry is the only way to go.

Certainly, Top Rank CEO Bob Arum, as livid as can be, wants the Nevada State Athletic Commission to review the fight. Arum is also on record as saying he feels an age limit should be introduced for judges. Both Jerry Roth and C.J Ross, who scored the fight in favour of Bradley, are in their 70s. Arum says people of that age and above have less of an attention span.

However, according to a piece on Fightnews.com, NSAC executive director Keith Kizer said he does not think an inquiry, or any disciplinary action against the judges, will take place.. Kizer said he had Pacquiao ahead himself, but that he expects the official decision to stand. This one doesn’t look like being changed to a No-Decision, even if so many people seem to think this should happen.

Bradley, speaking with Ringtv.com, says he has watched the tape of the fight and that he is convinced he won fair and square.

“I won the fight, without a doubt,” the new WBO welterweight champ told the website of The Bible of Boxing. “You could say I won the first round, give or take the second. Lost the third, lost the fourth, lost the fifth, maybe even lost the sixth, you know, give or take. But from seven, eight, nine, 10, 11 and 12, I clearly dominated those rounds. I know that I won those rounds.”

Bradley, then, feels he won by at least a five round margin, with maybe one round even. As has already been noted, not too many people agree with the Palm Springs warrior. Bradley says he is up for the talked-of November rematch, however, and he says that with two healthy ankles and legs (Bradley reportedly fractured his left ankle in the 2nd-round and then sprained his right ankle later in the fight) he will put on a much better performance.

Will we see the rematch though? Arum is apparently lukewarm on the idea of a part-two, with the 80-year-old planning on polling the fans to see how much interest there really is in a sequel to this, the biggest upset of the boxing decade so far.

Article posted on 11.06.2012



Bookmark and Share


previous article: Roach Says Manny's Performance Was One Of His Better

next article: Nevada State Athletic Commission: No Plans To Review Pacquiao-Bradley Decision




Boxing Forum













If you detect any issues with the legality of this site, problems are always unintentional and will be corrected with notification.
The views and opinions of all writers expressed on eastsideboxing.com do not necessarily state or reflect those of the Management.
Copyright © 2001- 2012 East Side Boxing.com - Privacy Policy l Contact