WBC Orders Vitali Klitschko To Fight Winner Of Rahman/Barrett
15.07.05 - The Board of Governors of the World Boxing Council, presided by doctor Jose Sulaiman, announces from its offices in Mexico City that a final decision has been taken in regards to the heavyweight division, as follows:
Article posted on 15.07.2005
1. The WBC requires that Vitali Klitschko make his following defense against the interim champion, winner of the Rahman-Barrett fight of August 13, 2005 in Chicago to comply with the WBC Rules and Regulations for a champion.
2. Vitali Klitschko would be approved to make a voluntary defense on September 24, only if there is a consent or acceptance agreement with the parties of the interim championship bout, as it has been the case in many occasions in the past.
3. Based on all considerations, including the last 5 fights of the 3 boxers, the WBC has decided that:
a) A split of 65-35% is applied if Klitschko is not approved to fight on September 24.
b) However, a split of 55-45% will be applied if Vitali is approved to fight on September 24.
4. If Klitschko does not fight on September 24, the winner of Rahman and Barrett must be ready and medically approved to fight Klitschko within 6 to 8 weeks after the August 13 bout.
5. If Klitschko is allowed to fight on September 24, the winners of the interim championship fight and champion Klitschko’s fight must be ready to fight for the undisputed WBC title no later than December 2005.
previous article: Mark Hobson’s choice: Herbie Hide
next article: Eastman: 'I am going to show the Germans that us Brits can fight'
Boxing Forum | Boxing | Bet On This Fight | Back To Top