Mike Gonzalez Heads Back To Chicago
25.01.06 - Bayamon, Puerto Rico native, Mike Gonzalez heads back to Chicago this Friday
Article posted on 25.01.2006
night as he appears in a six round lightweight bout against Edgar Pedraza, it was announced today by Dominic Pesoli, President of 8 Count Productions..
Gonzales, 4-0 with 4 KO’s, now fighting out of Milwaukee, WI is part of a huge night of professional boxing presented by 8 Count Productions, HOME OF THE BEST IN CHICAGO BOXING and Oscar De Le Hoya’s Golden Boy Promotions along with Miller Lite and TCF Bank.
Cicero Stadium is located at 1909 S. Laramie, doors for this event will open at 6pm,
with the first bell scheduled for 7pm. Tickets, starting at $30 can be purchased in advance by calling 312-226-5800.
Said the 26 year old Gonzalez, “I’m more than ready for this Friday. It was very disappointing not being able to fight on January 6th after my opponent pulled out. But I’ve stayed in the gym, I’m in great shape and ready to go.”
Discussing Edgar Pedraza, the heavy handed Gonzalez said, ‘I don’t know much about him. At this point, it’s just get in there and make the adjustments on the fly, just as I did in the amateurs.”
Speaking about fighting back in Chicago/Cicero the former amateur standout said,
“I’m very excited, the crowd at the SHOBOX card was great and it should be
packed on Friday at Cicero Stadium. I love fighting in Chicago.”
Disccusing his quick moving career and his first scheduled six rounder, Gonzalez
said, “It’s gone just as I expected. I have a lot of confidence and I think this is
going to be a big year for me. A few solid six rounders than up to the eights and onward.”
Said Pesoli about the hot lightweight prospect, “This kid has a great deal of skill,
he’s a heavy hitter who really knows how to close the show. We’ve had a large amount
of favorable feedback from our fans after his knockouts of Antoine Hicks and Tommy
Pyle. Unfortunately, he wasn’t able to fight as previously announced on our last
event, however I expect him put on a great show on Friday night. This year could
be a tremendous year for him.”
The main event on the SOLO BOXEO televised card is a terrific twelve round junior middleweight showdown between Marco Antonio Rubio, 32-2-1 (29KO’s) of Gomez Palacio, Mexico and Russian Aslanbek Kodzoev, 16-1-1 (11KO’s) fighting out of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
The co-main event will feature a ten round featherweight bout between Chicagoland fan
favorite Jose Andres Hernandez, 19-2 (13KO’s) and Antonio Escalante, 10-1, (7KO’s)
of El Paso, TX.
The entire fight card is as follows:
Marco Antonio Rubio vs. Aslanbek Kodzoev, ten rounds, junior middleweights
Jose Hernandez vs. Antonio Escalante, ten rounds, featherweights
Jonathan Oquendo vs. Terrence Roy, eight rounds, super bantamweights
Mike Gonzalez vs. Edgar Pedraza[, six rounds, lightweights
Francisco Rodriguez vs. Elvis Martinez, six rounds, super bantamweights
Jose Manuel Ortega vs. Ryan Gronvold, six sounds, junior welterweights
Barbaro Zepeda vs. Hassan Wasswa, six rounds, featherweights
To view the poster and for further information about the fighters on this event, please visit www.8countproductions.com or www.goldenboypromotions.com
previous article: Hall Of Flame Flags At Half-Staff For Hall of Famer Jack Fiske
next article: What Is Next for Manny Pacquiao?