25.08.06 - Only four days after the postponement of the IBF middleweight world championship bout between Arthur Abraham and challenger Edison Miranda the fight has been rescheduled today. Abraham is going to defend his belt on September 23 in Wetzlar, Germany. Wilfried Sauerland: “We tried hard to re-organize the fight quickly, the date on September 23rd has already been coordinated with our TV partner ARD. Therefore this is the easiest and best solution.”
Challenger Edison „Pantera“ Miranda who already travelled to Germany together with his team last week reacted with verbal attacks after the fight was postponed because Abraham developed the Flu.
“Is he sick? I doubt it – probably just a case of cold feet. Word got out in Germany about my power - perhaps he read the polls that said over 50% of the boxing world thinks I am going to knock him out in his back yard!”, the Colombian living in the USA commented on the fight´s postponement.
“The truth is he will never be ready. But I give the guy some credit – now he gets to enjoy the belt for another month before I steal it from him.”
Abraham again reacted calmly to his opponent´s verbal attacks. “In the meantime we already know that he trash talks a lot”, the champion says.
“If his fists are even fast as his mouth, it may be an interesting fight. Of course I regret having to postpone the fight. I didn´t struggle during the three-month preparation for nothing. At the moment my state of health is not 100% but the medicine has been a great help to me and I´m feeling better. I think I can start to train next week. I'll put Miranda in his place on September 23.”