Sean Ocampo's Pound for Pound Ratings
1. Floyd Mayweather Jr. 36-0-0 (24 KOs) - Despite of his recent poor business choices, "Pretty Boy" Floyd still remains as the most talented fighter in the boxing. The guy has yet lose a fight in his professional career and has beaten guys like Zab Judah, Diego Corrales, Sharmba Mitchell and Arturo Gatti just to name a few. The Grand Rapids native is a four division champion and scheduled to face Welterweight Champion Carlos "Tata" Baldomir this November. A win over Baldomir will probably set-up a much awaited match with the Golden Boy.
Article posted on 26.09.2006
2. Manny Pacquiao 42-3-2 (32 KOs) - The Pacman is perhaps the most exciting fighter today and he has been on a rampage. He owns victories over Marco Antonio Barrera and Erik Morales. He recently out pointed another Mexican Warrior Oscar Larios in Manila. His "Grand Finale" with Erik "El Terrible" Morales is set for November. A win over Morales will set-up a March showdown with Marco Antonio Barrera.
3. Winky Wright 50-3-1 (25 KOs) - Perhaps the best technical fighter today. He recently drew with Middleweight champion Jermain "Bad Intentions" Taylor last June. This fighter has beaten superstars like Shane Mosley (twice) and Felix "Tito" Trinidad. He has proven himself all throughout his career and defied the odds by beating the greatest fighters of this generation. Winky is scheduled to fight former world champion Ike "Bazooka" Quartey this December.
4. Jermain Taylor 25-0-1 (17 KOs) - The former Olympic Bronze Medalist has come a long way since. He has beaten the best Middleweight of the past decade and drew with the best technical fighter in world in just two years time. "Bad Intentions" is looking for a rematch with Winky Wright to settle their disputed draw but he is scheduled to fight former Junior Middleweight champion Kassim "The Dream" Ouma.
5. Marco Antonio Barrera 63-4-0 (42 KOs) - His recent outing was not that exciting as the first outing with Rocky Juarez. However, the one-sided jab clinic he performed against Juarez will probably set-up a match against the winner of the Pacquiao-Morales showdown this November. He plans to retire next year but hopes redemption by beating “The Pacman” in a rematch. Barrera is a sure hall of famer.
6. Rafael Marquez 36-3-0 (32 KOs) - He is probably the most dominant Batamweight today. No one has yet to come close to this little monster. He recently battered South African Silence Mabuza. Marquez is scheduled to face former world champion Veeraphol Sahaprom for his last fight as a Batamweight.
7. Israel Vazquez 41-3-0 (30 KOs) - "Magnifico" is coming of a comeback victory over WBO Batamweight champion Jhonny Gonzalez last week. His tremendous heart and recent victories earned him 7th in this list. His last 3 victories were over world champions that includes Oscar Larios, Ivan Hernandez and Jhonny Gonzalez.
8. Carlos Baldomir 43-9-6 (13 KOs) - "Tata" is the modern day Cinderella Man. He shocked the whole boxing world by beating Welterweight Champion Zab Judah last January. His record looks very deceiving with his 9 defeats but Baldomir has not tasted defeat since 1999. He looks to be the first one to defeat the great Floyd Mayweather this November.
9. Ricky Hatton 41-0-0 (30 KOs) – The Hitman is an undefeated two division champion. He recently beat tough champion Luis Collazo in a tough stylistic fight. He is scheduled to face IBF Junior Welterweight Champion Juan Urango in Hatton’s re-entry to the Junior Welterweight Division.
10. Joe Calzaghe 41-0-0 (31 KOs) - The man from Wales is the longest reigning world champion to date. He silenced his critics by performing a nearly one-sided boxing clinic against highly regarded IBF Super Middleweight Champion Jeff "Left Hook" Lacy. However, injuries have been preventing Joe C. from being active inside the ring.
Note: The ratings are based on the fighter’s talent and achievements. However, these ratings remain to be debatable.
previous article: Macklin ready to claim Moore's British title
next article: Rich "Ace" Franklin Returns To The Octagon To Face Anderson "The Spider" Silva
Boxing Forum | Boxing | Bet On This Fight | Back To Top